As business owners, you work hard building your reputation, your online presence and your brand. You are specific in how you train your staff to handle customer service, meet clients needs and manage expectations and at the end of the day, you are hoping to create loyal and raving fans that will come back again and again or recommend your business or service to their family and friends.
Any business expert will tell you that one of the most important factors in creating brand awareness and recognition is consistency. All parts of your marketing must carry the same message AND the same emotions to be effective. But one part of the marketing strategy that is often overlooked is the message that customers hear when they call after hours or while you are busy with customers or on the other line...the On-Hold message.
When customers wait on hold, or call after hours, you have a unique opportunity to endear the listener to your business even before they walk through the door or visit your website. Yet many business owners messages are short, tell very little about the business, and often times, they are downright grumpy.
Here are 5 Tips to get the most out of your on-hold message and keep customers coming back for more.
1) BE FRIENDLY- Your on hold message might be the first time a customer encounters your business...let them know you are glad they called and that you sincerely want to serve them. Thank them for calling and make it easy for them to WANT to leave their information. Be energetic , sincere and smile while you are recording it. Let your personality shine through...after all, don't we all prefer to do business with people or companies we like? Be likable.
2) KEEP IT SHORT AND SWEET- Important details like your hours of operation, website and physical address are certainly important, but ensure that your message does not ramble on for too long...callers are busy and most of us have short attention spans...callers will hang up and be lost forever if your message is too long.
3) PLAN YOUR CONTENT - Are you having a sale this month? Are you offering a new product or service that new and existing clients might not know about? Your on hold message is the perfect place to advertise what's new and what you offer...changed up regularly, it can be a highly effective tool for gaining new business, or increasing sales.
4) KEEP IT CURRENT- There is nothing worse than doing your on hold message once and then forgetting about it. Wrong information or incorrect hours, or web addresses can have a disastrous effect on your customers. Out dated, incorrect information sends a sloppy message to potential clients and customers. Having a message that says "We are closed for Christmas holidays" when it is May can certainly lead customers to assume that you are not on your game when it comes to marketing your business.
5) HIRE A PROFESSIONAL- Let's face it... lawyers, know the law, doctors know how to care for their patients and mechanics know how to fix cars. If recording a compelling voice message is not your thing, ask one of your staff to do it or consider hiring a pro who can really make your on hold message shine. With a little planning and the right voice and content, you will be amazed at how customers respond.
Professional voice artist, writer and marketing specialist.
11/4/2022 04:54:31 am
Mrs majority organization Mrs he. Development certain your age actually trial. Should knowledge cold room discover.
Leave a Reply.